13 January 2007

G.

First things first: here's a long overdue photo of our youngest, G. It was taken with my new toy gadget, a Nokia N73.


I add another with the three eldest taken in November. The weather was amazingly, frighteningly warm for the time of year.

My first week back on the job was not bad. I had feared that having been away for 9 weeks I would be completely out of the loop, but I feel mentally refreshed and managed to get a grip back on the major files quickly. Wrote several sour letters for the boss to our pain-in-the-butt Minister, which i enjoyed as always. Managed also to do some fairly clear thinking on a few other files. Put a few dots on i's as regards my being better informed of things, which included some friendly but straight talking to the boss, which he accepted.



Obviously, the family being split up we are now counting the months towards the end of our posting here (Summer 2008), even though A. and the children will normally come back in Summer to do our last year together. Soon we will hear more about available posts for 2008-2012. Given A.'s Hindu background, our determination to get out of the french school system and back into the Anglo-Saxon tradition, India tops our list, but we will see.



It's actually good to be back, without wanting to be euphoric about it. This is a very good time of the year: nice dry heat (up to 40 degrees Celsius) with cool nights. Apart from setting up a new study scheme for my next CeFiMS module I haven't really started studying yet; took this first week to concentrate on work and getting in touch with developments in the country again - more on those and on how the family is faring in my next postings. I have also started reading again, Peter Hoeg's 'Smilla's Sense of Snow', which is particularly good reading in the central African heat!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Dear Milko,

Congratulations from our small 4-persons family to your BIG happy family!
Please send our warmest regards to the happy mother, brothers and sister!

Expecting more African philosophical thoughts from you,

Orlin

P.S. Next time I hope to write you from my new desk at the Jean Monnet Building in Lux. Thanks for the support, beste vriend!

January 14, 2007 12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>