07 March 2006

A sinning priest

Yesterday evening something occurred which had me howling with laughter. There's a mission over from HQ this week. One of them returned to their hotel yesterday to find her room occupied by .... a clergyman with a women, who had rented a room for a few hours! We knew he was linked to the church as he threatened, not very intelligently, to call the nunciature in the ruckus that ensued. I was called in as the office's Security Officer by my colleague accompanying the mission. It turned out that the hotel clerk had erroneously given the wrong key to the couple. I don't think they had any bad intentions (apart from sins of the flesh for which they will be held to account by their Creator alone...), but the women had been leafing through our HQ colleague's personal affairs, using her beauty creams and make up. I had a hard time keeping a straight face. Just imagine being called out of the blue by an excited and angry colleague with a heavy Italian accent telling you that our colleague entered her room to find 'un prĂȘtre en train de baiser une pute'. At first I was roaring with laughter, which angered my colleague even more, so as a matter of courtesy I went to the hotel and did a stern act with the man of God (who said he came to the hotel 'regularly') and the hotel management. We didn't report the incident to the police, as this could have meant torture and extortion for the priest. When I debriefed the boss afterwards by telephone we were both howling with laughter. A classic anecdote has been born.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>