16 December 2005

Bonnes fĂȘtes!

The previous post was actually written the 13th, but I no longer seem to have the possibility to adapt the dates of entries.

A. did indeed get another haircut, bob style, and she looks quite spectacular now (again). I got one too yesterday, but the effect has not been quite the same... The hairdresser, a Korean lady who has settled down here, told me that she saw a lot more grey hairs than before. Just to put me in the mood, I guess... :-(

The 15th yesterday was the last day for two projects to be 'introduced in the system' (again I'll spare you the details) or else they would have been delayed for at least two to three months. I worked, for the first time in five weeks, a very full day to crack the whip and help out where I could. We managed. I feel quite relieved and gratified, it was worth the extra effort in spite of the inevitable fatigue the next day.

Off to the Netherlands tomorrow morning. We're all looking forward to see family and friends, to feel the cold, to do our own cooking, eat Dutch bread, cheese and vegetables, to sit and watch Dutch television and to read Dutch newspapers while the cold rain, perhaps even snow, hits the windows of our little holiday cabin with the beautiful view on the river Maas that we've all come to love. Some medical stuff to run after as well. Even though my illness has been relatively minor compared to what many other people experience, I hope I'll be able to keep it from happening again for a long time to come.

Shouldn't we meet and shouldn't I be able to post new entries the next couple of weeks, I wish you all, also on behalf of A. and the children, a merry Christmas and a very happy and healthy New Year. Thanks for visiting this blog - and for putting up with it... ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>